27 July 2008

This is my new car





If only! Actually, this is a Porsche Turbo that I drove around the Elvington air field / race track outisde York recently, inspired by watching too many episodes of Top Gear and their 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car. It was a gorgeous hot day, perfect driving conditions and the Porsche is a fantastic little car. I think I managed to get her up to 100mph at one point...it was of course all over too soon but the accompanying instructor let me stay on for an extra lap as he was about to go on his lunch break and was feeling in a good mood!

There were a lot more supercars at Elvington that day:

They look good, but I genuinley thought the Porsche has a more classic, timeless look. But then I would, wouldn't I?

Next door to the airfield is the Yorkshire Air Museum which we (me, Sara and her dad) mooched around. The biggest plane there, in fact the biggest plane I've ever seen anywhere, was this WWII Halifax bomber ominously named Friday the Thirteenth:

There's some more pictures we took at Elvington and the museum over on our Flickr page.

I mentioned in my last post there's lots of news. Briefly Dave now has a new job as an HR adviser with a local authority....he also successfully passed the 2nd year of his Masters degree course, only the dissertation to go now!....most important of all we now have a new patio and garden! Piccies to follow....

No comments: