16 January 2009

Patrick McGoohan




Back in 2006 I blogged about the 60s TV show The Prisoner and how much I have always loved it. It's one of THE greatest shows ever.

So I was very saddened to hear that Patrick McGoohan, The Prisoner's creator and star, died this week. Like the Prisoner himself Patrick was a true individual who passionately believed in the right of the individual to refuse to conform to what passes for 'normal' and I suppose that made him a bit of an inspiration to me.

RIP Patrick, be seeing you...

2 comments:

Mainframeguy said...

It was interesting to hear about all his other work in the obituaries and tributes too, wasn't it? I was a little unaware of these.

Have you ever been to the town in Wales which is now a cult tourist destination as a direct result of "The Prisoner"? That would make a great blog post - no doubt they'll be getting a boost to trade as a result of this.

Dave and Sara said...

Hi. I have indeed been to Portmerion - check out the 2006 post I linked to for a photo! If you're already familiar with The Prisoner then it's very strange, but in a cool way, walking around. Like being on a film set...