17 December 2006

I paid £19 for this view

Another Tranmere away day with Matt last week. We went to Brentford which is the nearest League 1 ground to where I live. Griffin Park is quite famous among away fans for being the only football league ground to have a pub at every corner, although technically this isn't really correct as a couple of the pubs are opposite the relevant corner, but really, who cares? We felt duty-bound to try out a couple of the pubs which were OK but hardly the kind of places you would choose as your regular.

Griffin Park is a relic of the so called "good-old days" when football grounds were architectural disasters. Here's a pic I took. Note the charming pillar-blocking-my-view feature:


Final score was 1-1. Every game I go to now seems to finish 1-1!

No comments: